Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Living Out One’s Call

         
"Shine bright like a Diamond"
All of us do have a call, a mysterious call that only God knows what it is for each one of us. For me, a call to enter religious life is so uncommon like a precious stone like the diamond whose uniqueness justifies its being known as the greatest of stones both rare and unfamiliar. This is exactly my feeling at this present moment; I am one of those who have found a fine diamond among the numerous miners who wish for it. It is my responsibility to care of it, or to raise its worth and usefulness.

Taking care of that call always begins in the seminary; a place where one’s vocation is formed until its natural destination. The seminary is a place where I discovered a better environment to be with Christ in my discernment to become religious missionary for it is here that Jesus Christ is the center of my life. It is   where my spiritual formation takes place   preparing myself for whatever catastrophic crisis may come in my vocation journey. Asking God for guidance motivates me to sustain myself solidly despite the obstacles along the road of my journey. My academic endeavors challenge me to prepare myself intellectually inspite of the inconvenient demands of my professors for they are also my formators in the sense that they are there to lift my understanding of the world. My apostolate work is a training ground for me to  glimpse  possible challenges that I may encounter  on my way toward my missionary trek. Not only physical demands but also patience to deal with people and to make a bridge of friendship add deeper dimensions to my life. And my community which is the environment live in as part of one big family, is invaluable to the real essence of living in common.

             Life in the seminary is never easy, but if I am fully committed to what I am doing, life becomes easier, with less or  no worries. Sharing my feelings with my formator is a big help for me to have a better outlook about the things that are necessary in formation. Having a good relationship with my brothers in the community is always a good start to establish a wider relationship with other people in the society. Living a life in harmony with and trusting in God makes my life so precious like the hidden diamond it is that wants to shine so bright.


1 comment: